Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dream Big or Go HOME!

Dream Big or Go HOME!


As a child it was so easy to dream and to dream big!  I could remember pretending that I was super girl and that when I grew up I would rule the entire world and wear a pretty fairy outfit.  As I look back, it seems as if those dreams blew away just as quickly as the fairy dust that I would dream about.  Then, I had to ask the serious question as an adult, why did so many of us stop dreaming?  Some might say that life happened, some may say that dreams don't really come true and the lists go on.  My challenge is this, if there was nothing stopping you:

A) Money
B) Location
C) Opportunity
D) People
E) Negative Thoughts
F) Yourself??

What would you do?  Many of us create our own glass ceiling and we need to dream as if a glass ceiling doesn't exist!!  Everyday, we see people who have made their dreams come true and we use the excuse that they had someone to help them, or they were born more privileged than I was.  Those are all just excuses.  I'm not saying that there will never be difficulties or bumps in the road but start working toward the mark.  The internet allows us to research all types of people, careers and other areas, while also showing us what people did to achieve their goals.  Start the work, start the research, create a Vision Board!  I believe strongly in vision boards because it begins to make your dreams tangible and it needs to be placed somewhere you will be able to see it frequently.  Start creating short term and long term goals to mark how you are going to achieve those goals and start living your life like you deserve to have the things that are on that board.  If you feel as though your life is not in order and these things are a far reach from you, then talk to God and ask Him what He would have for you to do.  Many times, those very dreams and goals that we have on our heart have been lovingly placed there by God Himself.....Just a thought!  Dare to dream...

What are some of your dreams?  A new car, house, running a non-profit organization....remember, the glass ceiling doesn't exist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home